My 10 favorite quotes
Sometimes you see a quote that makes you stop what you are doing and really think about what you’ve just read. This happens more often than I care to admit, particularly given the amount of time I spend reading, both online and off. But sometimes a quote is so profound and the speaker so august that you just have to share it. So instead of my typical blog, I’d like to share with you my favorite quotes, and only my top ten… or this could be a very long blog.
Enjoy, and share your favorite with me.
- “If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings. And we have faith, and we have hope, and we can work.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” – Peter Drucker
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
- “Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.” – Dame Edna Everage
- “We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
Suzanne T. Allen, Ph.D.