Who Will You Nominate?
We’ve just begun accepting nominations for our 2014 awards in three areas: lifetime achievement, innovation and leadership. Nominations are due by August 22 and we’ll announce the winners and present the awards at our Fall Forum on October 7. Here are the award categories, along with a brief description of each one.
Ohio Philanthropy Award
Nominees for our “lifetime achievement” award should have made outstanding contributions to philanthropy and can be either an individual or organization demonstrating:
- Longstanding leadership in advancing philanthropy;
- Creativity in responding to societal problems; and/or
- Significant positive impact on philanthropy.
This award recognizes someone who – regardless of age – has engaged in philanthropy for the first time during the last few years, either in a career path or as a private individual, and shows amazing potential by demonstrating:
- Exemplary leadership in advancing philanthropy;
- Engagement beyond a single community;
- Creativity in a philanthropic endeavor or project; and/or
- Significant accomplishment in a short period of time.
Ohio Philanthropy Innovation Award
The Innovation Award celebrates a catalyst who has moved Ohio philanthropy forward through an innovation in the last few years, someone whose idea led to positive change in the how the philanthropic sector operates, thinks or impacts communities.
You can download more information about the awards, their criteria and the nomination forms from our website.
Who will you nominate?
Claudia Y.W. Herrold