Engage in 2014
Never has making it through the first month of a new year seemed such grounds for celebration – or to take so long! But it is a new year and with it comes many ways to make the most of your Philanthropy Ohio membership. (Not a member? Join now.) Here are 10 ways to increase your skills, further your career and build your network of philanthropic peers across Ohio.
- Attend the inaugural Philanthropy Ohio Learning Institute on July 9. The new Institute is our major statewide convening in 2014 and will be held at the Blackwell Center at The Ohio State University. Look for next year’s annual conference in Cincinnati.
- Join a leadership initiative. We have 4 different leadership initiatives underway related to health reform, education policy, a tax credit for gifts to community foundations and diversity. Call Claudia at 614.224.1344 to find out more.
- Come to Foundations on the Hill. On March 5 – 6 we’ll be visiting members of Ohio’s congressional delegation.
- Write a blog post. Our Let’s Talk Philanthropy blog is a platform for discussing current topics so consider sharing your thoughts and ideas as a guest blogger. Contact Claudia Herrold if you’re interested.
- Volunteer for a committee. Serving on a committee is a great way to build your leadership skills and your network. We have room for you on our public policy or membership services committees. Call Susan at 614.224.1344 if you’d like to volunteer.
- Check out the new website. With its hundreds of sample documents, resources, publications and calendar of events it’s a treasure trove of all things philanthropy.
- Send us your news. We love to hear about your accomplishments, your new staff and news coverage. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for our Corporate Funders series. National expert Bea Boccalandro’s monthly webinars this spring focus on different aspects of High Impact Corporate Giving.
- It’s time for bootcamp. If you’re new to the community foundation world, this is a can’t miss opportunity to learn the basics with your staff and trustee peers from across the Midwest.
- Tune in to Suzanne Allen’s monthly talks. Grab your lunch on the first Friday of the month for an informal conversation about hot topics in philanthropy.
I hope you’ll try out a few of these options this year!